If you’re moving to the San Antonio area chances are you’ve been doing a lot of research. From where to live in the area to the top sites and attractions to sports and entertainment and shopping options, there is a lot to learn about a new area. And, to do all of these activities, you need to know how to get around the city! This is where we come in. As longtime San Antonio residents, we know some of the San Antonio transportation options available to you. Let’s take a look several:
San Antonio International Airport – Located just 15 minutes (8.5 miles) from downtown San Antonio, the San Antonio International Airport takes passengers to a variety of locations. Visit their website for more information.
Do you need a ride to or from the airport? Here are some options to get you there:
- Taxi rides – Two to six individuals travel for the price of one.
- Shuttle Service – The shuttle bus is in both terminals near baggage claim. Receive a discount if you book your trip in advance.
Click here for several other transportation options to and from the airport.
San Antonio Transportation
The Via Metropolitan Transit is San Antonio’s premier transportation system.
The following links will provide you with all the information you need for the VIA Metropolitan Transit:
“Go VIA VIA” is the official app of the VIA Metropolitan Transit. This mobile app is free to the public. The app allows individuals to view transit stops and get real times arrivals for routes. Click here for more information.
The Via Metropolitan Transit now offers VIVA, a new service line that takes you to San Antonio’s most popular sites and attractions. Here are the three most popular:
- 11 VIVA Culture – Provides connections to the attractions in Southtown, King William, Downtown, Pearl, and Broadway Reach.
- 40 VIVA Missions – Provides links to the following attractions: Alamo and San Antonio Missions World Heritage Site (Missions Concepcion, San Jose, and San Juan). This route runs daily from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 301 VIVA Centro – Provides connections between Centro Plaza and St. Paul Square
- Day Pass (BEST VALUE) – $2.75, which gives you unlimited rides all day
- Single Trip – $1.30
- 7-Day Pass – $12
Click here for information and schedules of these lines.
The River Taxi is located on the River Walk and offers individuals stops at 39 locations along the River. Click here to see the route.
Download this app to catch a quick trip anywhere you would like to go! This app includes the following features: locate and track your cab in real time, find the closest cab to your current location, pick-up address, and schedule future pick-ups.
Are you planning on traveling to downtown San Antonio in your vehicle? If you are, download this app to find parking location throughout the city. The app provides you with the parking rates and the current availability for every downtown parking area.
Do you have any questions about the San Antonio transportation? Give us a call; we would be happy to answer any questions you may have!
Or, are you moving to the San Antonio area? We would be happy to find you your new home. Give us a call to learn more!